Tuesday

Rebecca Black to release new music video


Rebecca Black is a fun, loving, loves to sing, dance and act, and she is always looking to try something new. Now in 8th grade, she landed the lead role in her school musical, Oklahoma! Black, who recently celebrated her 14th birthday, will release a new music video called My Moment. 

The history of music is littered with one hit wonders. For every band with multiple, multi platinum albums, there's a dozen who came, saw, conquered and abruptly dropped back into irrelevancy. It's hard to maintain longevity, especially when you're known for a novelty. Apart from Weird Al Yankovic, Tenacious D and a select few others, nearly every musician made popular through laughter has found repeating that success nearly impossible, but damnit if they don't still try.

Internet sensation Rebecca Black has announced she's set to debut her follow up single . The track will go live on the artist's YouTube Channel on July to be followed by an iTunes for sale release the following day. It's called My Moment, and its video will portray the singer's meteoric rise to fame. The My Moment video shows the young singer getting an award at school and attending red carpet premieres. It tells the story of Black’s sudden rise to fame, It’s a fairytale story, but it happened in real life.

I'm not always the first to be up on viral videos. I was at least a year behind on Bubb Rubb and a few weeks late on The Food Critic, but I am proud to say I was all over Rebecca Black before any of my friends. I'd like to think I was responsible for at least ten thousand. Unfortunately, there's no way to scientifically prove that wild claim. Best just let it go and prepare for the next sensation, which if Rebecca Black has her way, will be My Moment. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment